Tuesday, July 26, 2005

careful what you read

First they came for the Jews, but I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists, and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade-unionists, and I did not speak out because I was not a trade-unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I did not speak out because I was not a Catholic. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

australian federal police have started interrogating people
on the basis of the books they're buying and borrowing

as this story indicates
a student studying a university course on terrorism
has been targetted on the basis of the books
he's borrowed from the university library
or bought from the university bookshop

just as in the case of jean charles de menezes
that he was a bit different
no doubt contribued to official suspicions

in this case, the student's name is abraham
and he's a muslim

it's a good thing for him he wasn't running late for class..

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home